With home prices on the rise and buyer demand strong, some sellers may be tempted to try and sell their homes on their own (FSBO) without using the services of a real estate professional. Or, consider a discount “flat fee” service to save money on real estate commissions.
Real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation and, in most cases, the seller is not. Sellers must realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families.
Here is a list of some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to FSBO:
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The termite company if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the CO permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer in case there are challenges with the house your buyer is selling
- Your bank in the case of a short sale
The percentage of sellers who have hired real estate agents to sell their homes has increased steadily over the last 20 years. Let’s get together and discuss all we can do to make the process easier for you.
Want an extra $8,500 in your pocket?
We’ve ran the numbers of our proven “10 Step Home Selling System” and it actually nets a seller MORE MONEY, even after paying a real estate commission. We just SOLD a home for $14,500 MORE than the exact model home next door, who decided to try and sell FSBO. Even after a 3% ($6,000) real estate commission, that was an extra $8,500 in our sellers pocket! But that’s our goal, to put the most amount of money in your pocket as possible out of your home sale!
Want us to put an extra $8,500 (or more!) in your pocket too? Just reach out to the team today and we can get the ball rolling on your home sale! Call the office directly at (480)305-6655.
The Go Sold Realty Team